Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

See ya in the spring :(

Go down 
+5
ghost
HiPwr
Shawn1112
Hoodie
liljoejoe54
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

See ya in the spring  :( Empty
PostSubject: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 3:09 pm

Well today was the day that I had to say goodbye to my Chally rims for the winter. I put my winter meats on and I removed my cutouts and put the blockoff plates on. I am ready for winter....

See ya in the spring  :( DSC_2968
See ya in the spring  :( DSC_2967

I am going to miss them....I hate road salt Sad
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 3:11 pm

I do love those rims.. But better to keep them in the best shape possible..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 3:13 pm

I thought you werent driving it in the winter this year???
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 3:19 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I thought you werent driving it in the winter this year???

I wasn't supposed to but I got laid off WAY early from work this year and I cant afford to swap the title and all that crap to make my work car that my aunt gave me legit. I gotta wait to income tax time or when I start working again. So as of right now my winter/work car is sitting in my yard for the winter, lol.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 3:23 pm

Wanna sell it?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 3:25 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Wanna sell it?

Nah I want it for work. Plus it would be a slap in my Aunt & Uncles face if I sold it after they gave it to me. The fucked up thing is, I can probably get $2,500 for the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 3:28 pm

Ok I'll give you 2 grand and I'll slap the both of them in the face for you! lol
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 3:55 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Ok I'll give you 2 grand and I'll slap the both of them in the face for you! lol

LMAO! That offer is hard to refuse.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 3:56 pm

Why so soon? We may have another month before the snow flies.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 4:02 pm

HiPwr wrote:

Cuz Chicago weather sucks ass and I just wanted to make sure I was ready.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 5:51 pm

i am holding off. i have not even bought my damn winter tires yet!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 6:16 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

Cuz Chicago weather sucks ass and I just wanted to make sure I was ready.

this is soooo true!!!You cant never count on Chicago weather and mught as well be ready for it!!!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 6:34 pm

Well, I hope you'll put them inside instead of leaving them leaning up against the fence like that. At least throw a tarp over them!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 6:37 pm

snow possible this saturday!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 6:41 pm

They can predict the weather within the next 24 hours with maybe 90% certainty. I'd say it drops 20% every day after that.

Unless you're talking about predicting the weather 20 years from now; Al Gore can do that with pin-point accuracy.

Last edited by HiPwr on October 20th 2009, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 6:51 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Well, I hope you'll put them inside instead of leaving them leaning up against the fence like that. At least throw a tarp over them!

Yeah I am gonna bag them and put them raised up on some wood so they arent directly on the ground then put a tarp over them.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 7:03 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

Yeah I am gonna bag them and put them raised up on some wood so they arent directly on the ground then put a tarp over them.
LOL, yeah right! you r joking right....?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 7:05 pm

ghost wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

Lol no im serious. I want want to keep them out of the elements as best as I can. I cant put them in my dads garage cuz there is no room. Im not gonna put them in my garage incase it gets robbed again. So the only spot left is in the yard.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 7:09 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
ghost wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

Lol no im serious. I want want to keep them out of the elements as best as I can. I cant put them in my dads garage cuz there is no room. Im not gonna put them in my garage incase it gets robbed again. So the only spot left is in the yard.
Bro, you can put them in my garage if you want. I wouldnt leave them in your yard.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 7:11 pm

Yeah, take him up on that. I don't know what's to stop someone from stealing them out of your yard any more than your garage.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 7:14 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
ghost wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

Bro, you can put them in my garage if you want. I wouldnt leave them in your yard.

I appreciate it bro. They are gonna be under a balcony thing and elevated. Im gonna wrap them in those huge tire bags and then some big garbage bags and then tarp them. I think they should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 7:16 pm

You might want to chain them all together with a rubber coated chain. That way if someone does try to take them, they would have to take all 4 at once. Thats kind of hard to do.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 7:19 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
You might want to chain them all together with a rubber coated chain. That way if someone does try to take them, they would have to take all 4 at once. Thats kind of hard to do.

I like that idea. Ill give that a shot, thanks!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 7:36 pm

i keep my summer tires for the truck in the bed of it all winter for weight. i guess its no different than under a tarp.

i think im gonna still wait a couple weeks to put my winters on the truck. but if i get stuck in even the slightest snow storm that thing wont move an inch. so ill cross my fingers. nothing should stick this early even if it falls.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 6:08 pm

Man, good luck with that! But I would consider taking Shawn up on his offer. Even covered & wrapped, what would a severe temp drop do to them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: See ya in the spring :(   See ya in the spring  :( I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

See ya in the spring :(
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Photo and Video Sharing-
Jump to: