Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pics from Millennium Park area

Go down 
+7
eviltrycycle
xegitalian19xx
ChiTownHemi
HiPwr
AlterEgo
ghost
liljoejoe54
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Pics from Millennium Park area Empty
PostSubject: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 2:31 pm

After watching the Bears lose, I didnt feel like going home so I drove to Millennium Park to take some pics....

I actually worked here while they were building this bridge. I also worked across the street while they were building the Modern Wing of the Art Institute. We did all the excavation and back filling. Believe it or not, under all the grass is a shit load of Styrofoam to help reduce the weight since there is a parking garage under the park. It was kindof weird seeing it all finished.
Pics from Millennium Park area BridgePhotomatrix
Im gonna be adding to this once I get them all fixed up.

Walkway from Monroe to Millennium Park.
Pics from Millennium Park area WalkwayHDRPhotomatrix

Last edited by liljoejoe54 on October 19th 2009, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 2:43 pm

that is pretty cool joe! nice picture!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 6:59 pm

Cool pic! I wish I could have gone there again this summer. It's a cool place.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 7:02 pm

Thanks! Yeah it was nice working down there in the summer. I was a block away from the lake and there is nothing but hot chicks walking past non stop. Too bad I was covered in dirt and sweaty, lol
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 7:03 pm

If I ever get married, I'm hiring you, Joey.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 7:09 pm

That is a very cool pic Joe! Buckingham fountain is another cool one to get at night when they light it up with all the colors. I wish I lived closer to the city. There are SO many incredible places to get pics downtown.

That's interesting about the grass growing in styrofoam. Next time I take any out of town friends there I'll mention that to them and they'll probably tell me I'm full of shit.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 7:15 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
That is a very cool pic Joe! Buckingham fountain is another cool one to get at night when they light it up with all the colors. I wish I lived closer to the city. There are SO many incredible places to get pics downtown.

That's interesting about the grass growing in styrofoam. Next time I take any out of town friends there I'll mention that to them and they'll probably tell me I'm full of shit.

I actually parked across the street from the fountain but I didnt go over there cuz the water is shut off now. At least I think it is. And the grass isnt growing directly on the foam, there is about a foot of dirt and then grass. And the foam doesnt cover the whole area, just in certain places. You can see the little "bowl" looking thing at the base of the bridge, well on either side of there, we put down a shit load of the foam about 6' high, 10' wide and 25' long. Its actually called Geo foam but its really just really dense Styrofoam. They are expensive as hell too. 1 block of it that measures 4' x 4' x 8' cost $800 depending on the density. I wish I took pictures of it when we were putting it in.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 7:23 pm

Nice pic dude, can't wait to see the other ones...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 7:39 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
Nice pic dude, can't wait to see the other ones...

Thanks Ant! I was gonna convert them all to HDR but ill just edit a little and then post up later tonight.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 9:09 pm

Walkway from Monroe to Millennium Park.
Pics from Millennium Park area WalkwayHDRPhotomatrix

I had to edit out the Photomatix watermarks on this one too, lol.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 9:14 pm

cool pic
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 9:19 pm

Wish I could see them from work.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 11:07 pm

Those are some awesome pics there Joey! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 12:05 am

Next time you want to take pics downtown let me know and I will meet you and walk around. I neglected going into the city this summer and want to get pics with my new camera (THANKS JACKIE) before winter.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 12:21 am

eviltrycycle wrote:
Next time you want to take pics downtown let me know and I will meet you and walk around. I neglected going into the city this summer and want to get pics with my new camera (THANKS JACKIE) before winter.

Sounds good. These were taken just before midnight last night.
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 12:22 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
eviltrycycle wrote:

Same here!!! I want to get some pics!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 12:23 am

I just learned that a low ISO setting is supposed to be used when taking photos for HDR. I had mine set at 800 cuz it was dark outside. I got a lot to learn, lol.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 12:35 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
eviltrycycle wrote:

That is not a bad time to take pics. I leave Elmhurst around 11 pm everynight so the city is not that far. I can be your chauffeur and you can show me the neat stuff to take pics of.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 6:53 am

Kool pics bro, you should photoshop your car into them
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 7:27 am

Nice pics, thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 10:18 am

Thanks guys!

Shawn1112 wrote:
Kool pics bro, you should photoshop your car into them

I am actually trying to find a spot by the Shedd Aquarium that I can park my car and get the lake and the skyline in the same shot as well as lake Shore drive but I cant find the spot. I drove down there the night I took the Millennium Park pics but my GPS wouldn't route me directly there cuz it said the roads were restricted or something.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 10:40 am

My favorite place to look at the city is down by the Shedd. I have a few places in mind I want to go.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 10:57 am

I think it would be interesting if you could drive your car out on Navy Pier next to the ferris wheel and take the picture from the lake after the railings and benches and trash cans are all moved out of the way.

See if you can do that, Joey.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 10:58 am

On the pier would be killer. Someone has to know someone that could let us do that right?????? Very Happy During the winter that crap has be moved anyway.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2009, 11:11 am

I'm Todd Stroger's third cousin. I'll make some calls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Millennium Park area   Pics from Millennium Park area I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pics from Millennium Park area
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Photo and Video Sharing-
Jump to: