Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painting throttle body

Go down 
+6
jontoad
liljoejoe54
ghost
Admin
Hoodie
Shawn1112
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

Painting throttle body - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting throttle body   Painting throttle body - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2010, 5:25 pm

I know this post is a year old. How has yours held up over time?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting throttle body   Painting throttle body - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2010, 5:45 pm

cjresto wrote:
I know this post is a year old. How has yours held up over time?

If you are talking to me, my throttle body has held up pretty damn good. It looks exactly how it did the day I painted it. I went with the duplicolor 500* engine paint/primer and clear coat.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Painting throttle body   Painting throttle body - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2010, 6:09 pm

Mine is also great!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Painting throttle body   Painting throttle body - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2010, 7:48 pm

DO NOT USE Rustoleum paint, the clear will turn yellow, TRUST ME. My throttle body though was the only part that didn't yellow, but I wouldn't take nay chances. I'm gonna have to re-do it all again over the winter. I polished my valve covers & other stuff, the only problem I had was doing my throttle body, there is ALOT of TINY nooks I couldn't get to, so I polished parts of it and painted some others... here's a pic
Painting throttle body - Page 2 Throttlebody
Back to top Go down
tigerray24
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Painting throttle body   Painting throttle body - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 5:32 pm

if you are looking to polish your t-body , i do polishing or if you want to powder coat it that can be done . to powder coat this item you are only looking at maybe $35.00 over and done , if i polish it you are looking at about $ 90.00 and it will look like chrome . if any of you have seen my bat , it looks like chrome .

you can get me at the show this weekend and we can talk .

thanks tiger ray
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Painting throttle body   Painting throttle body - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 5:46 pm

I might take you up on the powder coating of the tb
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting throttle body   Painting throttle body - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 5:50 pm

Just a heads up, the whole thing cant be powdercoated because one side of it has a big plastic cover. The rest would look great though and Ray does some good work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting throttle body   Painting throttle body - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting throttle body
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: