Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

jontoads whips

Go down 
+55
beep340
Dre
moaugust88
Yuro
ekaz
WICKEDSRT8
GSB06SRT
BackNBlack
jamesv82
jlg1963
BigM
billygoat91
chicagovich
funkpolice
TgTwist
stairman
irishrt5.7
moros323
Xenon
vagrant
northsiderz
Bulldog
KevinDSClark
Okie6.1
Hypnotiq
xegitalian19xx
Moparcharger07
ghost
Pomps
The Black Stig
Srt8Mopar
sak9880
pstlgrp
RT!st!C
ChargerSRT
inkedup
HiPwr
blackhemi
liljoejoe54
bogieboy
Illinois Chaos
SScharger
kaotik29
HemiMag
Shawn1112
TheDarkKnight
ChiTownHemi
chargerchick
AR-15QUEEN
Headtripp
slg 7
firestartr420
AlterEgo
eviltrycycle
jontoad
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

jontoads whips - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2010, 10:06 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:

Relax, Jon. Your ready, lol.

almost! have to take the 69 camaro chin spoiler off before the first serious snow so i don't snap it on any ice chunks that fall off cars. i had that happen once. good thing they are only 29 bux a pop.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 11:26 am

jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
Looks bad ass Jon.

thanks. trying to get her back in shape. next is paint work from John, hotchkis drop kit, and trans rebuild with shift kit. the later 2 will have to wait till next year and i think it might need a heater core soon. the heat takes forever to warm up.

Flush the coolant and back flush the core?

Better to fix it now than fixing it -10 below.
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 11:43 am

jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

almost! have to take the 69 camaro chin spoiler off before the first serious snow so i don't snap it on any ice chunks that fall off cars. i had that happen once. good thing they are only 29 bux a pop.

where at????? i want one for my truck!!!!!!!!!! i cant beat that price either........
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 12:37 pm

The Black Stig wrote:
jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
Looks bad ass Jon.

thanks. trying to get her back in shape. next is paint work from John, hotchkis drop kit, and trans rebuild with shift kit. the later 2 will have to wait till next year and i think it might need a heater core soon. the heat takes forever to warm up.

i have been meaning to try that. for most it fixes it, for one or two people on the dakota boards it totally screwed the heater core by forcing all the rusty parts out and making it leak into the cab.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 12:40 pm

bogieboy wrote:
jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

where at????? i want one for my truck!!!!!!!!!! i cant beat that price either........

http://www.firewheelclassics.com/store/item.asp?Category=81&SubCategoryID=&GroupID=&SKU=SPO02

don't know how well it will bolt up to a 2nd gen.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 12:45 pm

jontoad wrote:
The Black Stig wrote:
jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
Looks bad ass Jon.

i have been meaning to try that. for most it fixes it, for one or two people on the dakota boards it totally screwed the heater core by forcing all the rusty parts out and making it leak into the cab.

Yeah you run the risk, but it could be a cabin air filter/dirt and dust around the core. Seen and fixed that before filter was so fucking clogged max speed was like it was on number 1 setting
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 2:33 pm

couple new BT pieces i ordered like 2 months ago showed up today.

visor disguisers in red to match my door and under hood pieces. been meaning to get these since i did the suede headliner a while back. never got around to it till now.

jontoads whips - Page 4 3355kdy

track rated badge. if you have seen the track rated stickers on my car under the hood and on the windshield, its the same thing. BT decided to do a billet version and run a group buy so i snagged one of those. should be plenty far away from any airbag shenannigans.

jontoads whips - Page 4 9qhezm

door pieces and visors are now playing nice together.

jontoads whips - Page 4 Adgin9

jontoads whips - Page 4 13yf8s5

now all the interior needs is a bolt in roll cage in dark red powder coat or red carbon fiber dip to be where i want it...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 4:30 pm

Looking good Jon. That roll cage idea sounds bad ass!!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 4:40 pm

jontoad wrote:
couple new BT pieces i ordered like 2 months ago showed up today.

visor disguisers in red to match my door and under hood pieces. been meaning to get these since i did the suede headliner a while back. never got around to it till now.

jontoads whips - Page 4 3355kdy

track rated badge. if you have seen the track rated stickers on my car under the hood and on the windshield, its the same thing. BT decided to do a billet version and run a group buy so i snagged one of those. should be plenty far away from any airbag shenannigans.

jontoads whips - Page 4 9qhezm

door pieces and visors are now playing nice together.

jontoads whips - Page 4 Adgin9

jontoads whips - Page 4 13yf8s5

Jon, do you need one more srt door sill for the pass side? That looks ridiculous! Like the visor disguiser too. I was thinking of somewhere around that spot for the track rated badge. Maybe on the fr dr side above my Vortech sticker.

now all the interior needs is a bolt in roll cage in dark red powder coat or red carbon fiber dip to be where i want it...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 5:29 pm

yea Tom i do need one more door sill plate for the passenger side.

i got em at the unlawful G this year for like 5 bux in their scratch and dent bin, i didn't see anything wrong with them. at the time i wasn't thinking about the doors and put one on my passenger side engine half cover (only putting one there looked fine since my Airaid scoop covers the spot where it would go on the driver side) then i thought it looked great when i stuck the second one on on the door. i don't want to pull the one off my half cover, but id like to get one more for the passenger door.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 6:53 pm

how do the visor thingy's attach??
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 8:08 pm

inkedup wrote:
how do the visor thingy's attach??

self tapping screws. they were real easy to put on.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2010, 5:37 am

jontoad wrote:
yea Tom i do need one more door sill plate for the passenger side.

i got em at the unlawful G this year for like 5 bux in their scratch and dent bin, i didn't see anything wrong with them. at the time i wasn't thinking about the doors and put one on my passenger side engine half cover (only putting one there looked fine since my Airaid scoop covers the spot where it would go on the driver side) then i thought it looked great when i stuck the second one on on the door. i don't want to pull the one off my half cover, but id like to get one more for the passenger door.

Well, Ya can't just have one on there. We'll rip that one in the front off of mine and see if it will stick one more time on your pass door, Jon. (Might want to pick up some 3M tape)
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2010, 6:22 pm

screw in.......through the visor?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2010, 5:28 pm

felt like i was in real life forza 3 today. you know when you save up money to buy car parts in the game? i have been wanting these for a while and finally shelled out the money for it to take my car to the next level on the autocross... still hurt a lot on my budget to pay over 1000 bux for a car part lol. but i don't think ill regret it. now all i need is a quaife differental, roll bar, and front mount tow hooks till the car is how i want it.

TEIN coilovers...

jontoads whips - Page 4 Teinss

in car suspension stiffness adjustment box...

jontoads whips - Page 4 Teinedfc

its the system thats on the EVO 44 seconds into this promo

Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2010, 8:10 pm

sweet.....
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2010, 12:37 am

Yeah... I don't think you'll regret it.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2010, 7:12 am

You got them, Jon? Those are so bad ass. I can't wait to here what you think of them.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2010, 8:50 am

Very badass Jon. Like I said online last night you will love them, they make a difference.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2010, 11:46 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
You got them, Jon? Those are so bad ass. I can't wait to here what you think of them.

Paid for but they are not at my house yet. Shipping from California. Won't put em on till spring.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2010, 1:48 pm

jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Paid for but they are not at my house yet. Shipping from California. Won't put em on till spring.

I thought they were in Northbrook.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2010, 7:08 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

I thought they were in Northbrook.

yes which means i had to pay tax too... but every online company only stocks so much. the rest they drop ship. mine are coming strait from TEIN. i didn't care that it would take an extra day or two, I'm not putting them in till spring anyways.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2010, 9:09 pm

You will love them. I had Tein basic coilovere with the EDFC and it handled like if it was on rails
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 2:46 pm

so me and my friend Brian sold our bronco project and i got my seats back... should they go in the car or the truck? i would love them for racing but the mopar purest part of me wants to keep the original seats in the car... if i did put them in the car i would put the srt seats in the truck.

i bought these 5 years ago and they have only been sat in a hand full of times. they are pretty nice and comfortable seats that make the racing seats in my truck look and feel like cheap shit. only downside is you can not recline them at all, they are a fixed 1 piece construction.

jontoads whips - Page 4 2vn3syr

Last edited by jontoad on December 30th 2010, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 3:40 pm

Hey Jon........ Whatcha gonna do with the seats outta your truck if ya pull em? I would be interested for the right price.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jontoads whips
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Member Galleries-
Jump to: