Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

jontoads whips

Go down 
+55
beep340
Dre
moaugust88
Yuro
ekaz
WICKEDSRT8
GSB06SRT
BackNBlack
jamesv82
jlg1963
BigM
billygoat91
chicagovich
funkpolice
TgTwist
stairman
irishrt5.7
moros323
Xenon
vagrant
northsiderz
Bulldog
KevinDSClark
Okie6.1
Hypnotiq
xegitalian19xx
Moparcharger07
ghost
Pomps
The Black Stig
Srt8Mopar
sak9880
pstlgrp
RT!st!C
ChargerSRT
inkedup
HiPwr
blackhemi
liljoejoe54
bogieboy
Illinois Chaos
SScharger
kaotik29
HemiMag
Shawn1112
TheDarkKnight
ChiTownHemi
chargerchick
AR-15QUEEN
Headtripp
slg 7
firestartr420
AlterEgo
eviltrycycle
jontoad
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

jontoads whips - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2013, 6:04 pm

nice indeed!
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2013, 6:43 am

great look and def cool winter tires
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2013, 9:30 pm

did the long overdue ground wire upgrade on the charger. i was hoping it would make the front windows go up faster. it did but they are still really slow. lol.

jontoads whips - Page 18 2ngvq87
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2013, 10:34 pm

Did mine when I put new battery in, amazing how dinky that factory ground is. One thing I noticed is on the few times I had the car out when I needed the lights on and had the radio going etc, the light from the gauges did not "flicker" or seem to dim at all. Good upgrade for sure.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2013, 12:53 am

I did the same soon after I got my 300 with the dealer part that has the trans ground too.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2013, 7:34 am

moaugust88 wrote:
I did the same soon after I got my 300 with the dealer part that has the trans ground too.
That's the kit I got. I didn't do the trans ground yet. The car is too low. I'll do it when I get a higher stall torque converter in the car in the spring.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2013, 3:12 pm

Is that the dynamic grounding kit that also upgrades the exhaust ground?
i need a kit for my car... and what is with the slow windows, i thought my motors were going out but only the passenger side window goes up slower than the other windows, but only sometimes wtf!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2014, 3:31 pm

Got the car back from Ekaz on Wednesday.

i don't really do trans work so i had him put the Paramount Performance stall converter in. since he was down there i just had him throw my JBA catted mids and upgraded transmission ground cable on too.

since i had cataract surgery on Thursday i just let it sit in storage till i could put the Mopar TCM on and do the adaptives today. i had to mess with the cross brace to space it away from the big ass mid pipes a bit too.

feels great and is driving great. i am very happy with how the car feels now. hopefully i get my wheels back from powder soon. i have to start saving for an RPM rollbar and some heads now...

i did pop a post cat code already twice so i will have to have Johan tweak the tune a bit though.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2014, 4:22 pm

I did the same thing over winter. I bought the hyper grounding kit. Even had a TB ground wire, lol. Don't know how that one would be grounded to anything, so I left it off. The kit is a nice upgrade, despite the poopooing that some folks give it. Better and more grounds is always a good thing, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2014, 4:28 pm

it can't hurt. i just wanted a bigger negative cable on my battery to see if it would make my windows go up and down faster. they are slow as hell. it helped a bit but they are still slow.

i actually got the ground kit Mopar itself sells. the kit only has battery and trans ground upgrades.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 2:12 pm

sound after adding JBA highflow catted mids

Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 6:40 pm

that sounds great
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 6:43 pm

old school rumble
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2014, 1:24 pm

jontoad wrote:
got the wheels/winter tires on the Caliber today. it needs to be lowered some day but they look pretty good.

jontoads whips - Page 18 11kv4sm

Tirerack has killer deals on Eibach lowering packages with free shipping!  bearbang
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2014, 8:20 pm

moros323 wrote:
Tirerack has killer deals on Eibach lowering packages with free shipping!  bearbang

thanks for lookin out, but i got something lined up. just haven't picked them up yet. i have never been one to use cookie cutter type lowering kits like Eibach that are mostly for looks. i am going with Road Magnet drag springs. the RM drags were a joint design by Realtune motorsports and Road Magnet that are specifically made for the caliber SRT4 to kill wheel hop. everyone who is not going the full coilover route goes with these springs on the CSRT4.
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2014, 9:36 pm

Sweet can't wait to see the new look when it's done! I went with the Eibach set because I have a 300C and didn't want to wreck the ride to much just stiffen it some....
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2014, 9:57 pm

well the alternator crapped out on the caliber on the way home from work today. battery light came on and i limped it home on 11 volts keeping the revs up at stop lights. i hear it's quite a bitch to change, another reason i hate front wheel drive cars... i guess i know how i am spending my day off tomorrow. seems 45ish thousand miles is the magic number for the 115amp 08 alternators to go out at from what i read on the forums. at least i can put the 140amp alternator from the 09 in and i can feel like i upgraded something and not have to worry about it again. lol.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2014, 5:44 am

Oh that blows dude. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dre
CAMM Member
Dre

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2014, 9:32 am

Does not sound like fun! Just saw a quick video and you have to move ac compressor to be able pull out the alternator. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2014, 5:49 pm

i think they built this car around the alternator. much like doing the heater core was in my dakota r/t. lol.

i started at like 3 and i just got it out. honestly i didn't think physically getting it out of it's spot and out of the car is all that hard like people say it is. it's the fact that like 5 of the bolts are so hard to get to. especially if you have big hands. half these bolts you can't even get a socket on so it'a all box end wrench work for bolts that are long as hell.

taking a break before putting the new one back in...

i watched that video and honestly they are all doing it the hard way. you push the AC compressor outboard towards the fender and pull the alternator strait down and it comes right out. they are pushing the AC compressor down and bending lines to barely get the alternator out by pulling it out towards the fender. stupid. lol.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2014, 7:30 pm

This is where ratcheting wrenches are worth the money
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2014, 10:36 pm

yes they are. lol. my house is wood shop style and not auto shop style with the tools that are here though. lol. eh.. a little more effort saved some money i guess.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2014, 8:50 pm

ahhh. sigh of relief with some 315's back on the car. the 285's on the rear just didn't have the stance i like. since i was moving the 285's to my red wheels for the track i got back into some 315/35/20's on the street set.

so for now the setups will be-

street-
front- 285/35/20 michelin pilot super sports on 20x9 gray vipers
rear- 315/35/20 michelin pilot super sports on 20x10 gray vipers

Track-
front- 285/35/20 michelin pilot super sports on 20x9 red vipers
rear- 275/40/20 nitto NT05s on 20x9 red vipers
(this is not the ideal setup and i plan to run the 285 michelins all around eventually, but i am not going to throw out barely worn nittos. so i will run this setup unless it sucks too bad. yes the rears will be a hair skinnier, but they are also a hair taller. the michelins are a ton better so i basically have to pick where i want the better grip to be. i would rather have the better grip in the front and skate the rear end around on the nitto's than have the grip in the rear and not be able to turn.)

before with 285's all around-

jontoads whips - Page 18 2ry589u

315's back on the rear.

jontoads whips - Page 18 24ouadk

jontoads whips - Page 18 261gi8x

jontoads whips - Page 18 148qccg

and how the red wheels should look on the car

jontoads whips - Page 18 591kz

jontoads whips - Page 18 24v8axy

jontoads whips - Page 18 30i9onr
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2014, 9:38 pm

Nice meats
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2014, 10:03 pm

Very nice and looks like lots of fun...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jontoads whips
Page 18 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Member Galleries-
Jump to: